How To Properly Address Storm Damage Issues in Spring, Texas
The elements of a storm can wreak havoc on a homeowner’s roof: stormy winds, torrential rain, years of sun exposure, or heavy snow drifts. Your roof is exposed to any number of elemental influences all year round.
This season of weather has been unseasonably harsh on roofing and homes across the country. Hurricanes have affected dwellings in the South. Tornadoes have damaged roofing and structures in several States. Hailstorms have seemingly come out of nowhere to pound coverings. Probably most damaging of all, are the lines of thunderstorms that quickly come up and rush through several States all at once. These can seem less dangerous, and yet do damage that is undetected, and hence causes excess damage to dwellings.
If you have experienced any of these weather events this year, you may have damage to your roof, even if you are not aware. If leaks have been created, getting them identified and addressed is a crucial step to protecting your possessions and investments.
To assist you in knowing when it is time to search for Roof Replacement in Spring, TX, let’s work through a list of things to look. You understand, some issues will not be visible to the observer from the ground. However, if you notice something out of place, it is almost certainly an indication that more issues are present.
- Issues with the Shingles: If even one shingle is missing or loose, it is time to contact a qualified Spring Roof Repair If you notice dents or flaking off, that is a sign of an issue. The granulation of the shingles should be spread evenly and not noticed. But if you see that collecting up in certain areas, then wind damage may be present.
- Metal Pieces out of Place: If roof flashing is missing, falling off, or bent, then you need to give us a call right away. This metal displacement exposes the wood underneath and allows water in the home. Beyond just the border of the roofline, also examine around items like chimneys, venting, and skylight fixtures. There are sealants associated with those metal elements. If you see loose or missing sealant, repairs are needed.
- Attic Issues: It is a good idea to head up to the attic occasionally and take a look around: especially after a significant weather event. The most obvious signs would be the sound of dripping water. Finding this BEFORE it bleeds through your sheetrock is a great way to keep repair costs down. If you go into the attic in the daytime, you can look for light shining through in places where it should not be seen.
- Suspicion without Evidence: Often times homeowners call asking for an assessment; yet their roof has no visual evidence of damage. Maybe they heard something during a stormy night, or they see that a neighbor has visible damage following a hailstorm. Usually, their intuition is right on point, and we find issues once we get up on the roof. If you have suspicions of that nature, don’t hesitate to call. This decision can save you lots of money in the long run.
How to Begin the Steps to Roof Replacement in Spring, TX
If you see or suspect damage, call our team of qualified professionals and schedule an appointment to get a formal examination. Our staff will process your request quickly, and qualified team members will come and check for every possible issue. It will be thorough and it will be fully explained to you following the report.
We have experience in repairing every possible problem seen in our area. Our years of experience and community support have helped us refine an approach that will certainly satisfy, and even exceed your expectations.
You will be presented with options that will fit your budgetary needs. We can talk about financing options, warranty packaging, and fitting the work into a schedule that works for you and your family.
Research your Insurance Policy
A wise step in this process is for you to contact your homeowner’s insurance company. The last thing you want to do is pay out of pocket for something your policy covers. Some companies cover wind damage, others do not. Some cover wind-driven rain events and others do not. Please do not assume one way or the other. Getting an insurance company official out to your property is a needed and cost-effective early step.
When filing towards your insurance policy, a thorough and accurate damage report is important. Having an assessment from our team can assist in making sure the insurance company knows exactly what the issues are. Furthermore, you will want to keep and file all receipts and costs associated with the work. Insurance companies will usually not cover expenses that are not submitted to them.
Ask us about Warranties for the Work
As Spring Roofing Contractors, our team members love talking about this. If we do your roof replacement, there are warranties that we provide in case of future issues. It is important that you feel secure and protected for years after the new roof is put securely in place. It is important to note that not all roof warranties are the same. In fact, most roofing policies only include things like materials or manufacturer defects or errors in installation. None of those protect you against future storm or weather events.
Our company is one of the leading roofing warranty teams in the country. You have the opportunity to cover the future of your roof for decades! You can have the cost of material and labor completely covered in case of needed work. The warranty can even be transferred to new homeowners, which is a major attraction for potential buyers.
Beware of Unqualified Visitors
You probably know them best as “storm chasers.” There are often not certified, unqualified, out of the area workers who come into town and go door to door after a major storm. To be clear, some people who knock on your door are certified, qualified and local, but many are not. You will be better off to be proactive and reach out to a locally supported and highly rated company to come and assess your needs. If someone from our team comes to your door, we encourage you to check with State and local agencies, like the Better Business Bureau, to get some peace of mind before any work or agreements begin.
Make sure you feel safe and confident before letting people on your roof or in your home. Our company has a local presence, a proven track record, and high local ratings. We have certifications, BBB support, and can put a satisfaction guarantee behind our work.
Contact Elite Roofing Solutions For Spring Roof Repair
How do I Extend the Life of my Roof?
You probably can recall the experience of getting new tires for your vehicle. It always goes the same way: you hear the cost, you wish you had rotated the tires more often, you pay the price, and you drive away determined to come back for free rotation every 5.000 miles. Does that sound familiar? Unfortunately for the buyer, most do not perform the standard rotation maintenance and the cycle repeats, earlier than was necessary. In fact, this is how tire companies stay in business: owner neglect!
It may not be good for business to share the rest of this article with you, but this is part of being a reliable company for your future needs: trying to ensure we don’t see each other sooner than necessary. Whether you are trying to lengthen the years on an existing roof or get the most longevity out of a new one we just installed, here are some things to consider.
Here are some homeowner choices you can make in terms of General Maintenance:
- Keep an eye on those gutters. Debris can accumulate in the gutters, causing water to flow improperly and even back up into the edges of the roofline. This debris includes obvious things like leaves and sticks but also can include course material coming off of older shingles, as well as metal pieces that have been displaced. Cleaning your gutters seasonally will help in two ways. Firstly, you can clear away naturally-occurring debris. Secondly, you can identify if roofing materials are falling away from the structure.
- Keep a cutter on those trees. If you have trees overshadowing your home, then you need to be aware of the debris that falls from them. This can include obvious things like sticks and leaves, but also sap and bird droppings. By keeping bushes and tree limbs cut back you can improve the look of the home, and more importantly, protect your roof.
- Keep a Checklist for Each Season. In our area, the preparation to protect your home can change with the seasons. Let’s briefly examine decisions related to each.
- Fall – This is the time of year when leaves are shed from many trees. There can often also be more rain than in previous months. Cleaning out your gutters throughout the season and at the end of it will protect you going into the Winter. You do not want the heavier rains to back up into the roofline.
- Winter – Snow is not as big an issue in our area as in other parts of the country, though when it accumulates you want to make sure watersheds from the home when it melts. More often, we have hard frosts and this can cause limbs to snap off of trees. Again, cutting back those trees is an important decision.
- Spring – Here comes the rain! Spring in Spring, Texas can mean lots of April showers. As the weather warms, be sure and do a visual assessment of the roof. This is a terrific time to call and get a trained professional to give it a look. Remember, keeping water off your wood and out of your home is of utmost importance.
- Summer – This is the real hidden danger for homeowners. Most think the weather is better and the risks are low. But in Texas, it gets hot. Hot, hot. This excessive temperature rise can cause shingles to crack or shrink, it can compromise the adhesive used on various roofing pieces. Watch for shifting in shingles and any granite debris around the edges of the roofline.
Our roofing products are installed with guarantees and will last for years to come. But the little things you do along the way will extend the life of the product, minimize maintenance needs, and give you that precious peace of mind knowing your family and dwelling is protected and safe.