Sugar Land Roofing
Protect your Home today with Professional Roofing
With the high number of storms coming off of the gulf each year, Sugar Land is a prime target for roof damage. It is important to have your roof inspected periodically to make sure there is no significant damages that may threaten the integrity of your home. At Elite Roofing Solutions, we not only provide free roof inspections, we go above and beyond to make sure your get the roof repair or replacement that you deserve. If your roof damage requires a new roof, and the damage was caused by a storm, we will assist you in getting the complete roof covered by your home owners insurance. In addition, if your roof is due for an update, contact our team today. We will go over the variety of options you have to to protect your home, increase your curb appeal, and make your neighbors jealous.
Commercial Roofing in Sugar Land
As fully licensed and insurance commercial roofing experts, we are dedicated to repairing, replacing, or even just inspected your commercial roof. We understand the importance of providing the proper roofing coverage for your customers and and merchandise, which is why our professional technicians are experts at finding any roofing damage that may compromise your business. Whether your commercial roof requires flat low-slope roofing, roll-on roofing, metal roofing, shingle roofing, or any other roofing material, our professional crews have the experience you need to replace or repair your roof. Contact us today for a free commercial roof inspection.
Roof Replacement Sugar Land
Does your roof need to be replaced?
Is your roof still in good condition? Is it starting to be an eye soar for your neighbors? When roofs start to age they can become discolored, damaged, and even start missing shingles. If your roof looks like it could use a replacement, give us a call for a free roof inspection. Our expert team is highly trained in identifying key damages that require roof replacement. If we believe your roof still has some life left, we will be honest and provide you truthful information on the integrity of your roof. We are Sugar land roof replacement specialists, give are team a call today and protect your home.
Tale Tale Signs Your Roof has a Leak
- Water stains streaming down walls
Assuming your walls are a light color, water stains are fairly easily to notice. If your find water stained drywall, this is a strong indication that your roof is leaking.
- Ceiling discoloration in spots or pools.
Stained ceiling drywall is a key indicator that your roof is leaking. Assuming your do not have a burst in a pipe somewhere in the attic. 99% of the time, this is caused by a leaking roof.
- Dark marks, Mold, or standing water in the attic
If you don't see water pooling or reaching your ceiling, that doesn't mean that there isn't a leak contained in your attic. It is important to inspect your attic periodically.
HOW TO IDENTIFY AND ADDRESS STORM DAMAGE TO YOUR ROOF IN SUGAR LAND
Properly installed roofing materials are built to withstand a variety of elemental conditions. However, some wind speeds and other extreme events can still do unexpected damage. If you think something may be damaged or compromised on your home, there are a few things you can look for. This will help you know when to call a professional to come out for an official evaluation. Certainly, you should take every precaution when examining anything that is high off the ground. You may be able to use binoculars or examine the roof-line from a window. When in doubt, just call a trustworthy company to do the evaluation on your behalf.
Sugar Land Roof Damage Caused by Strong Wind
The roof deck can often be compromised by heavy winds. Shingles can be loosened, moved, or blown away altogether. Any of these issues can allow water into your home, and potentially can cause much more damage and higher costs to repair. However, not all wind damage is identifiable through observation. The adhesive materials that seal the shingles in place can be separated by wind that gets beneath the shingles. The ability to shed the water away from the roof is compromised when these adhesives are damaged.
Shingle manufacturers detail wind warranties for their products. It is always valuable to read about wind policy coverages before purchasing new shingles. There will be limits to the wind speeds covered by the companies, so if a major storm comes through, you will probably need to file a claim with your personal insurance company. It can also be wise to contact the roofing material manufacturer to be sure you are not eligible for their policy coverage.
Here is a List of Signs to Look for when Storm Damage might be Present and Roof Repair is required
- Missing or Moved Roof Shingles – Sometimes it isn’t easy to determine from the ground if shingles are missing or moved. You can look for discoloration, indicating what you are seeing is the material beneath the original shingles. The adhesive may be noticed as having collected on the surface of the shingles below. Also, granules that have worn off will have a look that is abnormal to the roof. Remember: better safe than sorry. If any of these things look even remotely out of place, contact a professional roofing contractor in your area for an evaluation.
- Damage from Hail – Most times you know when you have endured a hailstorm. Either the news will cover it and have video of the size of the hail, or you can clearly hear it striking the home. This is a serious weather event and should lead you to an examination of the premises as soon as possible. There are occasions where hail simply blows holes right in the side of siding and knocks large chunks of shingles off the roof. So, the first thing you can do is just look around the home and in the yard for debris. But even bruised shingles and indentions from hail can compromise the structure and allow water into the home over time.
Warning: if the hailstorm was large and well-published, storm chasing repairmen and out-of-region companies will come knocking on your door. Be mindful of how fickle and unreliable such visitors can be. It is wise to do a local search of highly reviewed roofing and home repair companies before hiring anyone to entrust with your possessions and safety.
To detail the hail damage risk, here is a bullet list of signs you can identify in connection with hail damage. Any or all of these issues might necessitate a qualified professional’s evaluation.
- Other issues around the home, like dents on cars or items on your property.
- An unusual but unmistakable pattern of divots on the shingles’ edges.
- Disfigured pieces on the shingles, and missing granules in those places.
- A collection of granules pooled together where the downspout discharges.
- Damage from Falling Debris – If you live in a wooded area, damage from falling limbs can have an impact on your roof. You probably won’t be able to identify exactly where limbs and flying objects struck your home (except in extreme penetration cases); but use wise judgment in examining what is on the roof and on the ground and figuring where the strike may have taken place. If you suspect damage, it is better to be safe than dealing with extensive damage further down the line.
To detail the debris damage risk, here is a bullet list of signs you can identify in connection with debris damage. Any or all of these issues might necessitate a qualified professional’s evaluation.
- Excessive debris, especially heavy items, actually still up on the roof.
- Visually confirmed damage like missing, cracked, or moved shingles.
- Large collections of shingle granules collected on the roof or ground.
Shingle Damage Caused by Hail
Any number of weather events can cause damage to your dwelling: high winds from seasonal storms, sustained high winds from hurricanes, torrential rain, heat, cold, and hailstorms. Hail, in particular, can very quickly and drastically compromise the covering of your home.
A product manufacturer warranty usually does not cover hail damage. However, you should always review any and all warranties associated with the roofing company, shingles manufacturer, and perhaps even the home builder. If you have a homeowner’s policy from new construction, certainly give that a look over as well.
A frequently asked question: Is damage noticed immediately? Not every time. While some damage is obviously noticeable, other damage may not be noticed the day after. But over time, it can allow water to leak in and cause more complicated issues. In fact, it may not be until months or even years later. This is why a major storm event should trigger an evaluation by a roofing team if you have any doubts about the integrity of the dwelling.
What are the most common types of damage from hailstorms?
- The granules on the shingles are blasted away by hail strikes. Also, strikes put depression, or dimples, in the surface of the shingles or siding. These issues can lead to leaks, but also can cause the shingles to age much more quickly. To be clear, granule loss is not just about the look of the home. It also is an early indication that service is need on your roof.
- Cracking in the asphalt surfaces, with maybe noticed moving outward from the points of impact. These cracks catch the wind in future weather events and can form a full tear.
- The fiberglass matting beneath the shingles can then be exposed and also damaged before the hailstorm passes. Look for fracturing with the fiberglass as well.
- Self-sealing strips may be loosened by the hail impact. This can weaken the integrity of the seal and later simply lead to shingles detaching and flying off.
Homeowners often ask about shingle replacement. Primarily, if damage is found, can an individual single be replaced or it an entirely new roof necessary? While it is possible to replace one or two shingles, the issue oftentimes goes deeper than that. The effect of that damage on the shingles around it, the stripping, adhesive, and underlayment can cause problems later. An honest damage assessor should be able to show you why they recommend a full roof replacement. The evidence that might lead to later roof damage should be identified by the professional. On some occasions, small and inexpensive patchwork is advised, but even then, a trained and insured roofing professional should do the work.
Sugar Land Roofing Professionals tips to Protect Your Home From Storm Damage in the Summer
Sugar Land has a reputation for serious Summer storms. They come quickly and leave a mark. This can include lots of rain, strong winds, damaging hail, and even the late Summer hurricane! Here is a set of things you can do to help protect your home ahead of time.
- Annual Roof Inspections – It is recommended that you have a trained roofing team member come evaluate your roof each Spring. They can access anything that may have happened in the Winter; and can make sure everything is properly secured going into the Summer. Properly maintained roofing will withstand weather events better than those that have not been addressed or maintained over the years. In the long run, the costs more than make up for themselves.
- Shingle Roof Repair – Loose shingles today will be blown off shingles tomorrow. One minor issue today will be leaking through your drywall tomorrow. Small holes or cracks now will be large tears and separations after a windstorm. Diligently addressing known issues is one of the best ways to keep future repair costs and inconvenience low.
- Inspect Your Attic Frequently – Not all roof damage is visible from the outside. But one thing is for sure, if water is dripping in your attic, there is a leak. Take a look around in the attic during a rainstorm. Bonus note: if you buy a home from someone else, inspect the entire attic for pots! If that area hasn’t been addressed, then it hasn’t gone away.
- Trim Surrounding Foliage – Tree limbs hanging over your home can cause several issues. In addition to limbs damaging shingles, there can be issues with animals and tree sap, to name a few. In the Spring, while the weather is nice, it is a great time to trim trees and generally give the perimeter of the home an aesthetic overhaul.
- Clean Out all the Gutters – Gutter maintenance is a must for a homeowner. When gutters get clogged, it causes water to back up and damage roof lines. You can hire a team to do this, but if you do so on your own, be careful not to suffer a fall. There are tools you can purchase to blow them out or wash them out effectively.
- Check the Insurance Policy – Many homeowners know very little about their insurance coverage on roofing. Some have trouble even finding documentation. Before an issue arises, knowing Summer storm season is coming, locate your documents and give them a quick review.
- Address Damage Quickly – There is nearly a 100% chance that damage ignored now will become much more costly later. If you identify any of the signs we’ve discussed in this article, don’t hesitate to reach out and give us a call. It will be done without the anxiety of heavy damage, nor the burden of extra costs, if we fix it for you early.
The elements can be unrelenting. From hail to wind to rain to heat, the weather can be brutal. Your roof is designed to withstand years of weather impact. However, nothing lasts forever, and nothing man can make is stronger than the power of nature. But you can do some things to help protect what is yours. And Elite Roofing Solutions would love to help with you Sugar Land Roof Repair or Replacement. Give us a call today!!!
What People Are Saying About Us.